Business growth is in the hot seat at Peterborough Recliner Centre!
A family business, established 12 years ago, Peterborough Recliner Centre was bought in 2011,by father and son team Don and Michael Brisbourne.
The business; a leading supplier of both manual and powered reclining seating products, prides itself on putting the needs of their clients first and foremost in everything they do. They are driven by service, not commission and believe they offer unrivalled service at unbeatable prices.
Understanding weaknesses and turning them into positives!
The team; a former senior Director of a locally based global company and a veteran of the furniture retailing industry, had a vision for where they wanted to take their business and believed passionately that they could provide a better customer experience than the more established furniture outlets.
What Michael and Don did realise from the outset, was that whilst both were hugely experienced in their field, neither were experienced in the mechanics of running a small business.
They knew help and advice was needed, as they had to understand and deal with issues such as:
- Accounting and book keeping, ensuring tight control over finances
- Payroll functions, ensuring a happy team
- Sound tax advice and planning, ensuring full accountability yet ensuring the maximum allowances are claimed
- Business advice and planning, ensuring a clear path to achieving their goals
Approaching things differently!
It was a recommendation from their bank manager to Michael and Don that they should look to be working with aa Chartered Accountants and from initial introductions, they immediately saw the stark differences’ in their drive for business growth and customer focus to that of their more traditional accountants they had approached.
Through a consultation and benchmarking against similar businesses, Michael and Don could see the value aa Chartered Accountants would add to their business.
Partnership working defining the business!
aa Chartered Accountants set to work and undertook all book keeping, accountancy and payroll functions for the business. They also continued to work on business growth initiatives which were easy to follow and inclusive for all members of the team.
These measures included:
- Applying the principles of the “One Page Plan” and creating individual plans for each team member and through this giving focus to everyone in their own area of responsibility, reviewed on a quarterly basis
- Increasing the profitability of each sale, through understanding the true cost of a sale and the value of the company offering
- Ensuring the correct tax and business planning was both in place and adhered to from day one
- Understanding the relevance of stock control and the impact it has on cash-flow
- Allowing and creating the freedom for the management team to focus on the true business drivers
The success of Peterborough Recliner Centre is continuing, thanks in part to their strategic partnership with aa Chartered Accountants.
They are enjoying continued growth in a structured way, greater profitability on their sales, they are paying less in taxes than they believed possible and their vision for the future is sound and based on real and concise processes and information. The company is enjoying an annual growth in turnover and profitability of 125.8%.
“Working with aa Chartered Accountants and the One Page Planner has allowed us to focus on the things that really matter in the business.
They have been an invaluable part of our team and their advice which is always happily given, has really assisted us in growing our business..
I would highly recommend working with aa Chartered Accountants, to anyone looking to focus their business and increase their bottom line.
Don Brisbourne, Director Peterborough Recliner Centre Ltd
To see how we can help you, contact us:
Ring: 01733 555 667